Dedicated resource for answering customer inquiries regarding Chesapeake Employers’ workers’ compensation insurance policies, claims, products and services. Serve as Chesapeake Employers’ “front-line” to the customer and provide timely, accurate and courteous responses to their inquiries. Communicate directly with agents, policyholders, injured workers, attorneys, medical providers and other Chesapeake Employers employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate expertise in assigned skillsets.
- Provides front line "first class" service to all internal and external customers.
- Answers customer concerns regarding information on rates, policies, and claim status to injured workers, attorneys, agents, and medical providers.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- 1-2 years of customer service experience required.
- Experience in an insurance industry preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- 1-2 years of call center experience is preferred.
- Basic PC skills required.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite is preferred.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Bias for Action
- Knowledge Sharing
- Deliver Results
- Service and Sales Excellence
- Personal Leadership
- Teamwork and Communication
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required, which includes close vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Office Environment. The noise level is usually moderate.
Interested in joining the Chesapeake Employers family? Click the button below to get started.